The Emerald Coast Public Relations Organization is a professional organization that fosters an interest in the public relations field; encourages professional development for those employed in the public relations field; maintains a high degree of standards and ethics in the performance of public relations tasks; offers instruction.
ECPRO was formed in 1992 and is a member of the Southern Public Relations Federation (SPRF). SPRF is a 501-c (6) organization and membership in the Federation is automatic for members of the Public Relations Council of Alabama (PRCA), the Emerald Coast Public Relations Organization (ECPRO), the Public Relations Association of Louisiana (PRAL – Baton Rouge and Central Louisiana chapters) and the Public Relations Association of Mississippi (PRAM).
Our mission and organization exists:
- to encourages professional development for those employed in the public relations field.
- to unite those engaged in the practice of public relations.
- to promote, seek, and maintain a high degree of standards and ethics in the performance of public relations tasks for public service and conduct.
- to offer approved training and instruction for accreditation as detailed by the Universal Accreditation Board (UAB).
- to exchange ideas among professionals with a variety of levels of experience and education.
- to collect and disseminate information of value to public relations practitioners and the public.
SPRF has more than 1,300 members and continues to grow. Click Here to learn more about SPRF.